This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day Land functions within a certain geographic area, inclusive of consolidating Endeavor’s current land position through trades and clearing title by managing individual brokers and title attorneys. A Mineral Landman will work to ensure Endeavor’s right to drill and produce oil and gas from its extensive leasehold position and will be a key contributor in assisting a multi-discipline team in building a strategic development plan.
- Negotiate and oversee preparation of Land related documents including, but not limited to Pooling Agreements, JOA’s, Production Sharing Agreements, Oil and Gas Leases and Term Assignments.
- Request drilling title opinions and obtain required tittle curative within a given time frame.
- Supervise and coordinate activity of field brokers.
- Work closely with Legal Department on non-standard oil and gas agreements.
- Oversee the work of one or more Land support staff.
- Lease maintenance surveillance (i.e. Cessation of Production Reports, Continuous Development Obligations, etc.)
- Develop and manage relationships with counterparts within Endeavor as well as externally with industry peers and stakeholders
- Coordinate with Land Administration with respect to lease records, maintenance and reporting requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have ability to lead, work within, build and foster a team atmosphere
- Understanding and appreciation of Land systems and processes
- Business knowledge and familiarity with oil and gas contract law
- Must be a highly organized, detail oriented, strong communicator and strategic thinker that exhibits critical decision making ability and is able to Project Manage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills