The position will be a part of and lead teams in the installation of new surveillance and automation equipment projects. This will also include repair and troubleshooting of this automation as needed. The role supports the security solutions business by installing and troubleshooting newly installed electronic security encompassing intrusion detection, access control and closed circuit television equipment and automation devices.
- Perform service and installation of various security management solutions including access control and closed circuit television systems. Must be able to install, configure, and test equipment and devices associated until final product is complete.
- Perform basic support of automation and instrumentation equipment installation for facility projects as needed.
- Evaluate, diagnose, troubleshoot, re-configure, and test equipment and devices associated with surveillance and automation and repair as necessary.
- Performs upgrades and additions to systems in order to increase functionality and usability.
- Perform computer program entry as required to add closed circuit television cameras, access control devices, and intrusion alarm systems to existing IT and Process Control Networks.
- Coordinates with administration, IT, SCADA group and other trades for the purpose of completing projects and work orders efficiently.
- Read and understand drawings and prints to install the correct equipment in the proper locations for optimized monitoring and viewing.
- Terminate equipment and field devices while completing and verifying the operation from the field device to the final reporting systems.
- Lead team and delegate tasks as needed. Demonstrate proper installation techniques.
- Be willing to do what is required to complete the required task on any given day and respond to outages as needed.